Friday, November 9, 2007

Indirect Painting

Frankly, everybody I'm in freak out mode. I've been so straight out working I haven't been able to make time to connect or contribute to my fellow scholars on Flickr.

There is making art or production, writing about art and teaching about art. These are all separate activities, people! Hello! They each require separate skills. How can one do them all well? Seems to me, somethings got to give.

I know, I know I've whined about this before, but I'm stressed out. I like to write about art and talk about art and teach art. These activities take my attention off production. Production is the key to it all...AGH! No, must produce, must paint, must push through the desire to rest and regroup. I want to paint and gain expertise in the indirect oil painting style that I was luckily enough to see a demonstration of. A new door of knowledge opens, and I have to do laundry and...

I have another paper due next week; a fantastic topic, too Taosim and Ink brush painting.... What to do? Stop world, I want all the "have to's" to stop. It's going to be a rough Friday night...Help!

No comments: