Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Work

'Cisco Beach I-IV' Group of four panorama,
Oil and canvas, each 10"x 10"
Nantucket, MA

It is winter break, now and after the holiday guests have left, I have my studio back. With a freshly organized studio, I was reviewing my plein air painting on Nantucket this past summer and decided to post some of the painting I did there. It was a productive time, more new work to follow.

Enjoy and please forgive my absence from this blog. Teaching five classes at three different universities and looking for a full time professorship, is well... all consuming.

A word about the photograph at the top of this blog. It is a huge, 6" plus wing span, silk moth that was lying outside the door to my apartment. I could not resist taking a photograph of it.


'Lighthouse' Oil and canvas on board 15.5"x 26"
Nantucket, MA





No comments: